How To Tell If You Suffer From Waste Anxiety
Climate crisis making you cry? The war on wildlife leaves you bewildered?
Here's 10 ways to know if you suffer from Waste Anxiety:
1. You feel guilty if you forget your reusable coffee cup.
2. You get upset by food going mouldy in your fridge - such a waste!!
3. Your colleagues single use lunch containers make you panic.
4. You get stressed if the supermarket has run out of loose veg.
5. Seaspiracy made you lose sleep.
6. Attending a friend's bbq and arriving to find single use tableware and plastic cutlery makes you feel helpless.
7. You are frustrated by the lack of appropriate food waste disposal at your workplace.
8. Receiving unnecessary packaging with your online order makes you feel uneasy.
9. You can't stop thinking about the climate crisis, even in the throws of passion.
10. Witnessing someone littering makes you feel tense.
Most of these apply to you? Well, welcome to the Waste Anxiety club.
You feel conscious of the amount of waste both yourself and others produce, you're mindful of how your choices can affect the environment but perhaps get overwhelmed by the sea of wasteful decisions we encounter everyday, both on a personal and global level.
But how can I tackle Waste Anxiety?
Making simple swaps in your day-to-day life can alleviate the burdens of waste anxiety. Switching to zero-waste, reusable products is one of the best and simplest ways to do your bit!
- Get yourself a reusable coffee cup!
- Ditch the plastic sponges and for a reusable, Kitchen Washing Up Sponge
- Fed up with food waste? Get meal prepping and make the most of your leftovers by freezing them.